Join Us!

What would happen to our mission if we all read the Book of Mormon together over the next six months? What would happen if we read the Book of Mormon looking for an answer to a personal question? The missionaries responded in our zone conferences this month with answers like increased faith, unity, greater confidence before God, peace, knowledge, greater capacity to do His work and His will.

I asked the missionaries to share their questions. Here is a sampling:

"What do I need to do to have a happy life?"

"What do I need to do to be an instrument in His hands?"

"What profession should I pursue?"

"Am I ready to do all of the hard things required of me as a missionary?"

"How can the Atonement help me trust God?"

"How can I stay grounded and faith-filled during times of stress?"

"How can I help my family be fully converted?"

"How can I learn to stand alone?'

"How can I keep my spirituality, even in difficult circumstances?"

"How did Jesus Christ fulfill all righteousness? And how can my life change with this understanding?"

"How can the Atonement heal the damage done to the brain caused by addictions?"

"How can I be bold and open my mouth to invite others to come unto Christ?"

The Book of Mormon can answer all of these questions and the 170+ of the other missionaries. The missionaries received a notebook to record their answers. I am looking forward to hearing what they find. I absolutely believe they are correct that all the things they listed will happen in our mission because reading the Book of Mormon changes lives; it is God's direction for all who will listen.

Elder Jeffrey R. Holland said of the Book of Mormon, "For 179 years this book has been examined and attacked, denied and deconstructed, targeted and torn apart like perhaps no other book in modern religious history--perhaps like no other book in any religious history. And still it stands. Failed theories about its origins have been born and parroted and have died. None of these frankly pathetic answers for this book has ever withstood examination because there is no other answer than the one Joseph gave as its young unlearned translator. In this I stand with my own great-grandfather, who said simply enough, "No wicked man could write such a book as this; and no good man would write it, unless it were true and he were commanded of God to do so."

The Book of Mormon has blessed my life in countless ways. It testifies of the Savior; it brings peace and hope. I have learned for myself that it is the word of God. What an remarkable blessing it is to the world. We heard the sweet witness of one of our missionaries who has read the Book of Mormon four times while serving a mission. It has changed his relationship with God and has given him strength beyond his own.

Please join us; nothing else you do will bless your life more. If you are not a member of our Church and would like to join us in this pursuit, find a missionary and ask for a copy of the Book of Mormon or get a copy here. I would love to hear from you. What is your question?

We love your sons and daughters; they bring life and joy into this mighty work. Thank you for sending them, and for trusting us with them. It is a privilege to watch them grow in confidence and faith.


Savai'i Zone Conference

Savai'i Leadership Training

Tutuila Leadership Training

Tutuila Zone Conference

Upolu Leadership Training


Upolu Zone Conference


Upolu Zone Conference










No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS